Recent Storm Chases
Recent blog posts
- For Sale: Storm Snob DVD
- World Traveler
- Ode to 2012
- Latest installment of the Bag of Crap from Woot
- Incredible end to April!
- Weekend Success: 9 tornadoes between April 13 and 14!
- Tornado Outbreak Likely Friday and Saturday!
- Incredible November Tornado Outbreak
- Chase Forecast November 7, 2011
- Review of Adam Lucio's "The Noob"
Weekend Success: 9 tornadoes between April 13 and 14!
It has been a busy 2 week period as severe weather season kicks into high gear! It started on the 2nd with a nice storm just after dark up near Gage, OK and continued on the 9th with some nice tornadoes near Woodward. Unfortunately I didn't make it up in time for those, but the week was capped off by an active Friday and Saturday including a tornado through the city of Norman, OK on Friday which nearly hit my apartment!
All in all I saw 9 tornadoes over the 13th and 14th with 3 of them on the 13th including the one at the top of this blog entry. I also just missed seeing the Norman, OK tornado earlier in the day as I was stuck in traffic on State Highway 9 as we were positioning ahead of the storm, hoping to re-intercept on the east side of Norman.