Recent blog posts
- Brief thoughts after Moore, OK Tornado
- For Sale: Storm Snob DVD
- World Traveler
- Ode to 2012
- Latest installment of the Bag of Crap from Woot
- Incredible end to April!
- Weekend Success: 9 tornadoes between April 13 and 14!
- Tornado Outbreak Likely Friday and Saturday!
- Incredible November Tornado Outbreak
- Chase Forecast November 7, 2011
Ode to 2012
As we near the end of June, it's time to reflect back on the 2012 season. As you can tell, this blog and my youtube stream has been pretty quiet and that's the way the weather has been. I went ahead and redid my tornado compilation which can be seen above and added a few of the tornadoes this year.
Highlights this year include
- March 18 - Great structure and tornadoes in Southwest Oklahoma
- April 13 - More tornadoes in Southwest Oklahoma and Norman tornado
- April 14 - High risk in Kansas along with Hesston, KS tornado
- April 30 - Medford, OK Outflow boundary tornado caps off 4 days in a row of tornadoes
- May 19 - Great structure in Western and Southwestern Oklahoma
- Annular Eclipse on May 20, 2012
- May 25 - Multiple tornadoes near LaCrosse, KS
- May 29 - Supercells and Tornadoes in Central Oklahoma
My Chasecation ran from June 1-17 where I had visitors from Michigan, Utah and Finland to chase. Unfortunately, the chases resulted in a lot of thunderstorms but not a lot of severe weather or supercells.
So here we are, with temperatures soaring over 100 degrees here in Oklahoma City. Summer is here, and the chances of severe weather gone for the next few months it appears.