Storm Chaser Ben Holcomb
As a resident of Oklahoma, Storm Chaser Ben Holcomb is centrally located in the heart of tornado alley. Each spring he travels thousands of miles in pursuit of severe and unusual weather. While a good day of structure or big hail is exciting, nothing compares to the grand prize of storm chasers: the Tornado. To date, Ben has witnessed approximately 200 tornadoes.
Ben Holcomb spent the first 25 years of his life in Lansing, Michigan where he became fascinated with severe weather. While he ultimately chose a career in Information Technology, he has still managed to tie it in with weather. Ben learned all of his meteorological knowledge through internet research and experience. He has no formal weather education.
In 2007, Ben began chasing storms outside of Michigan. He also became involved with bringing live video streaming technology from storm chasers to the public. This merging of weather and technology lead him to move to Oklahoma in 2010. Ben worked for a private weather company before spending time at OU Meteorology as an IT Professional.
Ben has worked with numerous media outlets from local TV stations to national news networks and had his storm chaser video shown worldwide. He helped put together the SPC Video Lecture Series and the Tornado Forecasting Workshop while working at The University of Oklahoma. Ben was a member of RACES in the Lansing area and ran the county Skywarn program. Ben has also assisted with international weather installations in Thailand, Indonesia, and Dubai.
Storm Chaser Ben Holcomb Track Map
This map utilizes my last known SpotterNetwork location. The map updates locations automatically when I am active.
Featured Tornado Photos
- June 25, 2023 - On a supercell near Indianapolis that becomes outflowy and evaporates while a nearby storm produces a beautiful tornado. (1692 Miles)
- June 21, 2023 - Strong tornado hits the town of Matador, Texas (737 Miles)
- June 17, 2023 - Beautifully structured supercell tracks from near Pampa to Roger Mills County in Western Oklahoma (579 Miles)
- June 15, 2023 - Near a tornado in Loco, OK (387 Miles)
- May 26, 2023 - Sat in Roswell most of the day before heading south to a supercell near Orla, TX (1065 Miles)
- May 24, 2023 - After targeting near Lubbock, we ended up on a supercell near Roswell at sunset (582 Miles)
- May 13, 2023 - A brief tornado develops in an early day supercell near Chickasha Airport (139 Miles)
- May 12, 2023 - Supercell fires near Chickasha and tracks across Grady County while struggling to sustain. (113 Miles)
- May 11, 2023 - Multiple tornadoes in Central Oklahoma (261 Miles)
- May 4, 2023 - Chased a supercell from Windthorst to Bowie, TX (372 Miles)